Ever since I was a kid, I never dreamt of becoming a nurse. When I was in elementary, I ambitioned to become either a businessman, a doctor, or a scientist. When I was in high school, I wanted to become a priests but my sexuality issue prevented me from pursuing that vocation. When I graduated from highschool, I passed the UPCAT and was eligible to take up MassComm. I could have been a reporter or a part of a TV show now have I not decline such wasted opportunity.
Greed. It was all about selfishness and how to make money. During those days, nursing was one of the "in" courses to take. It's because of the so-called global nursing shortage. Plus, my friends were also into it.
I regret it. Seriously. The more I hang on to this course (for me it's curse), the more I realize that I was never meant to become a nurse. But now, here I am suffering the consequences- a registered yet unemployed nurse. At present, I'm doing a volunteer (meaning zero salary) to a nearest hospital in my place.
Another reason why I dread nursing is due to several mistakes I have made while I am now in the hospital:
1) I'm careless. I gave the wrong medicine to a patient. Instead of giving an anti-ulcer drug, I injected an antibitotic. I never told anybody about that.
2) I'm bad in observation. I was not able to notice a lethargic patient. I was the last nurse who handled the medicine to the parents of the sick child. Hours later, he died.
3) I'm guilty of thinking lustfully with a hunk resident doctor. (will make a separate post on this)
I don't know what to do with myself. I'm broke.
Ming Meows, RN
Greed. It was all about selfishness and how to make money. During those days, nursing was one of the "in" courses to take. It's because of the so-called global nursing shortage. Plus, my friends were also into it.
I regret it. Seriously. The more I hang on to this course (for me it's curse), the more I realize that I was never meant to become a nurse. But now, here I am suffering the consequences- a registered yet unemployed nurse. At present, I'm doing a volunteer (meaning zero salary) to a nearest hospital in my place.
Another reason why I dread nursing is due to several mistakes I have made while I am now in the hospital:
1) I'm careless. I gave the wrong medicine to a patient. Instead of giving an anti-ulcer drug, I injected an antibitotic. I never told anybody about that.
2) I'm bad in observation. I was not able to notice a lethargic patient. I was the last nurse who handled the medicine to the parents of the sick child. Hours later, he died.
3) I'm guilty of thinking lustfully with a hunk resident doctor. (will make a separate post on this)
I don't know what to do with myself. I'm broke.
Ming Meows, RN



3 comments:
After I graduate I was unemployed for a while and at that time there's a lot of demand in computer field, so I regret taking up nursing. I prayed every night and went to church every sunday and wednesday asking Him for job.
i begged
i cried
it was a hopeless situation
but in the end, after two years. He did gave it to me. In his time
after a few more years, He allowed me to come over here in England.
which I don't even imagine in my wildest dream.
not even cross my mind
at that time I was petitioned to go to Australia and was applying in the States
but God is great. He gave me the mother of these two great countries.
just hang in there...learn from your mistakes, as I did but it will help you later in life.
I even thanked my mother who forces me to take up nursing.
In His time not ours.
I wish you well
OMG, ming... your confessions are a bit creepy!
omg. you shouldnt have! hahaha. greediness takes you no more, my dear.
aral ulet! nothing is too late :)
Post a Comment