Monday, February 16

Modern Day Trends

When I was in high school, I had a close friend. We often do debates because he was a die-hard Catholic and me, a pro-protestant Catholic. Actually, there was some time in my life, during my elementary, that I have had Sunday schools in a Protestant church and even attended their services.
I enjoyed arguing with this guy, especially when I assert my point or when I rest my case.

One day, he came across with this issue:
Why are the churches today seem to be affected by
commercialism/globalization?
He mentioned this church a few blocks away from our boarding house.

He complained why these churches have to place taglines. For him, it's no different from advertising a product and is therefore objectifying. In other words, it lessens the value of the place of worship.

I just answered him: Call it marketing strategy or whatever, we have to be at pace in this modern world!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The church is like the dress you wear, you pick what fits your personality... but they are just dresses, it shouldn't define you as a person..

Even in the Bible, there were mentions of different churches with different personalities, but it doesn't make one lesser than the other.. and it doesn't lessens the value of your worship.

Worship comes from the heart of the person, not subject to what dress you wear.

Tag lines in churches right now are like telling the people what they believe how they treat people inside.

Ming Meows said...

basta i believe that religion will not save us.