Tuesday, February 10

Spelling the Beans

It has been a very long while since I've had my last post. I admit that procrastination (did I spelled it right?) is innate in me. When I was in the hospital watching for my lolo, I was sleep-deprived. Buti na lang, may cable coz we don't have one at home. I chanced to watch the Spelling Bee Championships on ESPN. I'm really of this games because of their educational value. I tried it myself and a few corrects but a lot of misses.

An boy of Indian descent won the said contest. The runner-up was also a bright Bumbay. This created an assumption tuloy in me that Indians living in America are geeks.

This inspired me to make a post that is all about spelling. I will give clues and how the word sounds. By the way, the words are either gay-related or cat-related. Feel free to try. I will post the answers later. Don't cheat!

First word:


Definition - (noun)
erotic stimulation achieved by contact between mouth and anus
Origin:
New Latin: Latin+Latin

Second word:

Definition -
(verb) To cry or screech like a cat in heat
Origin: Middle English akin to Low German

Third word:



Definition - (noun) A person that hates cats
Origin: Greek

Fourth word:
Definition - (noun)
stiff, bristly hairs growing about the mouth of certain animals, as whiskers of a cat
Origin: Latin

Fifth word:

Definition - (noun) a cat breed (see picture)
Origin: French


No comments: