Wednesday, August 20

Cravings


Santol is in season now. Mahilig pa naman ako sa maaasim. However I just chew the seed. I don't eat the rind. I don't get it why people including my mother choose to munch on it. Mapait kaya and sobrang asim.


Move over choc-nut. Mas nakakaadik ang kamote candy. Sa sobrang kain ko nito, minsan sumasakit na ang 'ipin.

HOW TO MAKE CAMOTE CANDY

Ingredients:

3 cups cooked and mashed camote
1 cup pounded peanut
1 tbsp vanilla
2 cups coconut milk ( thick )
2 cups sugar
1 egg well beated

Procedure:

Mix coconut and sugar. Cook until it becomes syrupy. Add camote and all ingredients. Cook until dry and stir while cooking. Remove from fire and flatten with a rolling pin on a greased pan. Slice into desired length and size. Wrap in wax paper.


1 comment:

Boying Opaw said...

wow. yey! sobrang adik ako sa kamote candy. tagal ko nang hindi nakakakain. mabuti naman at naisipang ilagay ang recipe nito dito.