Monday, March 1

Forcefully Outed


Kelanman, hindi ko ito inasahan. My youngest sister ambushed me with the ever-avoided question. I was put on the spot. In fact when I said yes, I didn't look her in the eye. No choice but to be honest knowing that my mother and sister was around.

Sa aming pag-uusap, namimilospo ako bilang pagdepensa sa aking ego. Suddenly she mentioned about hell and church thing. (By the way, she is a practicing Born-again Christian.) I was hurt. Then, the MMK(Maalaala Mo Kaya) moment. Hindi ko inakalang magiging sensitibo ako sa mga ganitong bagay.Nanginginig ang mga labi ko habang idinadaing ang kirot na aking nararamamdaman.Sa tinagal tagal ko dito sa mundo, ito lang pala ang makapagpapaiyak sa akin. Basta nasambit ko lang na wag na niyang uulitin ito at wag din yang gagawin (ito) sa ibang tao.

Hay, makulay ang buhay.

5 comments:

rudeboy said...

Oh, Ming, I'm so, so sorry it had to be that way. My knee-jerk reaction towards evangelicals is to slap them across the face in a very Christian manner (that is, to inflict maximum facial disfigurement without killing). But in your sister's case, my first reaction, curiously, was that "They don't understand."

And of course they don't. My cathechism classes always called on us to be "witnesses." In your case, you would have to become a living witness to your mother and sister as to what a gay man is. What they know of PLU they probably just know from stereotypical (though by no means necessarily inaccurate) depictions in the media and Filipino culture.

You are in a position to let them know gay men come in all stripes and colors. And that you are the same Ming that they know and love. It's just that now, they openly know a part of you which I suspect they've known but didn't want to acknowledge for a good while.

I would hug you if I could, but I just came from the vet and my dogs have covered me with ticks.

imsonotconio said...

im sorry!

Ming Meows said...

thanks rudeboy and conioboy, im glad that it happened though. panahon na rin siguro para malaman nila.

ZaiZai said...

sobra..di dapat ganoon..kung gusto nya sana cinonfornt ka nya magisa..minsan nakakainis na ung ibang tao feeling e alam kung paano ka dapat maging at paano ka dapat mabuhay..

Ming Meows said...

@zai ganun talaga ang buhay.